things not to say to a cutter:
- i’ve seen worse
- cover them up
- why don’t you just stop?
- promise not to do it again
- if you do it again, i’ll tell
- if you loved me, you wouldn’t do that
- you’re just an attention seeker
- there is no need to cut, you have good life
- why do you do it?
- don’t demand to see someone’s cuts
- don’t demand to see someone’s scars
- don’t try to change the subject if they bring it up
i hope one day you are at peace with yourself. i hope you can take a shower without crying and you can close your eyes without thinking about your funeral. i hope one day you start singing in the shower again and are happy for no reason. i hope you get better, because you really deserve to.